Brilliant 8-Megapixel Resolution:
Solo 8’s advanced sensor delivers uncompressed YUV video with 4K clarity, giving you 4x as many pixels than the resolution of a 1080p HDTV. This ultimately means there is no image quality loss. Experience every image 4x crisper, sharper and clearer, than any other high priced visualiser. Save in .jpeg, multi-paged .pdf, .png, .tiff and others. With Solo 8 the finest details come to life.
Stunning 30fps Full Motion Video:
Solo 8 utilises a new generation of imaging technology called Photon 1.0. This key technology gives the world, for the first time ever, a visualiser that delivers 4K clarity and full motion frame rate at the same time. This is an unprecedented achievement in USB camera technology. All new generation HoverCams will be equipped with this amazing proprietary technology, allowing you to truly create captivating lag-free video.
Our Photon 1.0 imaging engine uses Adaptive Sensor Resolution (ASR) technology that adapts to your screen size and gives you all 8 million uncompressed pixels at a 4x magnification. This is equivalent to optical zoom, without the bulkiness and high cost.
Compact & Versatile:
Our advanced electronics are paired with meticulous craftsmanship and well thought out design. Five pivot points allow the camera to be pointed in any direction, raised to shoot large areas, lowered for close-ups and folded for compactness. A swivel lens allows for 90° rotation for image orientation.
No External Power Adapter Needed:
A single USB 3.0 cable is the only thing needed to power the Solo 8. This gives you the convenience of plug-and-play simplicity. The Solo 8 uses less than 5 volts, which is within the maximum power of USB 2.0 and only half the power of USB 3.0.
Scan from A3 to Business Cards:
The Solo 8 can be fully extended and raised to cover an 11"x17" (A3) area. Use this functionality to scan multiple pages into one PDF file. It can also be lowered to scan smaller items like business cards.
Advanced Camera Controls:
Solo 8 is the first USB visualiser that offers advanced camera controls normally found in expensive digital SLR cameras. Through the provided FLEX software, easily utilize autofocus, select-focus, auto exposure and auto white balance functionalities.
SlingShot into Favourite Programs:
Easily transfer any files created with the Solo 8 into your favourite programs. Just drag-and-drop or click the SlingShot button in FLEX to instantly drop your images or videos into Word, PowerPoint, Interactive Whiteboard Software, Evernote and more.
Cost-Effective Multi-Function Solution:
We deliver a higher performance visualiser than our competitors, at a lower price. This is due to smart imaging technology that leverages the full intelligence of computers. We also offer more functionality, with scanning, web-cam and an ultra HD video recording capability.
- 8.0 MegaPixel resolution - ultra HD clarity in still image or live video
- Constant 30fps full motion video in 4K with ASR, uncompressed 1080P or 720P
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed performance - streams UVC video over USB 3.0 or USB 2.0
- Amazing clarity and vibrant picture color
- Zoom from an A3 sized document to a coin
- Easily conduct live, real-time video presentations
- Record hours of stunning 30fps full motion video for flipped learning
- Scan from A3 size to business cards directly to PDF; OCR software included
- Engage in online video communication, distance learning, video conferencing
- Small footprint and aluminum alloy construction with precision craftsmanship
- Multiple pivots allow for maximum poseability and enables a 10X mechanical zoom
- Weighted camera base ensures stability when standing, pivoted or tilted
- Control the camera without a mouse or keyboard with shortcut buttons
- Archive and organize with the convenience of a full-featured archive manager
- Solo 8 visualiser
- HoverCam Flex software (software is embedded into device, no disc)
- USB 3.0 cable (1.2m)
- Positioning Mat
- Quick start guide
- Sensor: 8.0 MegaPixel BSI CMOS High Performance Sensor
- Optics: 1/3.2" inch
- Image Resolution: 3264x2448, 3264x1836, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 1024x768, 1280x720, 800x600
- Frame Rate: 8MP ASR @ 30FPS | 1080P @ 30FPS | 720 @ 60FPS | VGA @ 120FPS
- Video Compression: YUV (USB 3.0) or MJPEG (USB 2.0)
- Power Requirements: USB Powered, No External Power Required
- Communication Interface: UVC over SuperSpeed USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, No Driver Required
- System Requirements: CPU 1.6 GHz Minimum, 2.0 GHz Recommended, RAM 512MB Minimum, 1GB Recommended
- Zoom: Total 320x Zoom (4x ASR Zoom, 8x Interpolated Digital Zoom, 10x Mechanical Zoom)
- Scan Size: A3, A4, 11x17, Legal, Letter, or other smaller sizes
- Lighting: 4 Built-in Ultra Bright LEDs
- Weight: 2.2 lb. / 1 kg
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 3.15" x 3.15" x 11" / 8cm x 8cm x 28cm
- Connections Required: 1 USB 3.0/USB 2.0 cable to the computer
- Microphone: Built-in with Noise Reduction
- Image Rotation: 360 Degrees
- Certifications: FCC, CE, RoH
- Focus: Autofocus, Autofocus Lock, Select Region Focus Minimum 1.96" Focal Distance
- Audio and Video Recording: Unlimited AVI files saved directly to hard drive
- Select Recording Area: Select region on any screen to record
- Annotation: Freehand, Text, Highlighter, Answer Mask, Shapes
- Drag-and-Drop Images: Patent Pending Fast-Action Drag-and-Drop of any
- or Video Files video or image files into MS Office or IWB software
- Interactive White Board Integration: Share live video on SmartBoard, Promethean, eBeam, Mimio and many others; Included through easy Drag-and-Drop; Twain Driver
- Image Rotation: 360 degrees
- Controls: Auto White Balance, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Freeze Frame
- Zoom and Scroll: Patent Pending 16X Software Enhanced Video Zoom
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, Mac OS X 10.5+
- MSI: Included for network installation
- Archive Manager: Full file management, importing and exporting of files; Stacking/Collating multiple files into PDF or TIFF
- Picture-in-Picture: Display and/or record PIP from a second video camera
- Auto-Cropping: Automatic trimming enables quick batch scanning
- Time Lapse / Motion Sensor: Take Snapshots at user specified time intervals or by
- HoverCam Connect with: user movement and save as PDF or TIFF
- Video Conference: Enables user to share a common virtual whiteboard; Annotation from multiple users over shared video feed; Highly interactive distance learning
- 3rd Party Collaborative Work Environment: Integration with Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting, through screen sharing; upload to EverNote