HC-U8 - HoverCam Ultra 8 - HC-U8
Ultra 8 connects directly to any HDMI or VGA display device, such as touchscreens or projectors, or can connect via USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 SuperSpeed to a PC or Mac. With the Ultra 8, you won't be held back by lacking connection options.
Built-in LCD Display
Ultra 8's built-in LCD screen lets you see what your class is seeing, so there's no need to turn around to look at another display. With Ultra 8, front of class teaching is easy.
Brilliant 8-Megapixel Resolution
Ultra 8’s advanced sensor delivers uncompressed YUV video at 1080p HDTV. This ultimately means there is no image quality loss. Experience every image 4x crisper, sharper and clearer, than any other high priced visualiser. Save in .jpeg, multi-paged .pdf, .png, .tiff and others. With Ultra 8 the finest details come to life.
Stunning 30fps Full Motion Video
Ultra 8 utilises a new generation of imaging technology called Photon 1.0. This key technology gives the world, for the first time ever, a visualiser that delivers 1080P and full motion frame rate at the same time. This is an unprecedented achievement in USB camera technology. All new generation HoverCams will be equipped with this amazing proprietary technology, allowing you to truly create captivating lag-free video.
Our Photon 1.0 imaging engine uses Adaptive Sensor Resolution (ASR) technology that adapts to your screen size and gives you all 8 million uncompressed pixels at a 4x magnification. This is equivalent to optical zoom, without the bulkiness and high cost.
Compact & Versatile
Our advanced electronics are paired with meticulous craftsmanship and well thought out design. Five pivot points allow the camera to be pointed in any direction, raised to shoot large areas, lowered for close-ups and folded for compactness. A swivel lens allows for 90° rotation for image orientation.
Scan from A3 to Business Cards
The Ultra 8 can be fully extended and raised to cover an 11"x17" (A3) area. Use this functionality to scan multiple pages into one PDF file. It can also be lowered to scan smaller items like business cards.
Advanced Camera Controls
Ultra 8 offers advanced camera controls normally found in expensive digital SLR cameras. Through the provided FLEX 10 software or using the buttons on the Ultra 8 base, easily utilize autofocus, select-focus, auto exposure and auto white balance functionalities.
Cost-Effective Multi-Function Solution
We deliver a higher performance visualiser than our competitors, at a lower price. This is due to smart imaging technology that leverages the full intelligence of computers. We also offer more functionality, with scanning, web-cam and an ultra HD video recording capability.
- 8.0 MegaPixel resolution - ultra HD clarity in still image or live video
- Constant 30fps full motion video in uncompressed 1080P or 720P
- HDMI and VGA outputs
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed performance - streams UVC video over USB 3.0 or USB 2.0
- Amazing clarity and vibrant picture color
- Zoom from an A3 sized document to a coin
- Easily conduct live, real-time video presentations
- Record hours of stunning 30fps full motion video for flipped learning
- Scan from A3 size to business cards directly to PDF; OCR software included
- Engage in online video communication, distance learning, video conferencing
- Small footprint and aluminum alloy construction with precision craftsmanship
- Multiple pivots allow for maximum poseability and enables a 10X mechanical zoom
- Weighted base ensures stability when standing, pivoted or tilted
- Control the camera without a mouse or keyboard with shortcut buttons
- Archive and organize with the convenience of a full-featured archive manager
- Ultra 8 visualiser
- OCR software
- HoverCam Flex 10 software
- AC adapter
- USB 3.0 cable (1.2m)
- Quick start guide
2 years warranty standard, 3 years if product is registered (at no additional cost).
5 year warranty upgrade available.
- Sensor: 8.0 MegaPixel BSI CMOS High Performance Sensor
- Optics: 1/3.2" inch
- Image Resolution: 3264x2448, 3264x1836, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 1024x768, 1280x720, 800x600
- Frame Rate: 1080P @ 30FPS | 720 @ 60FPS
- Video Compression: YUV (USB 3.0/HDMI/VGA) or MJPEG (USB 2.0)
- Power Requirements: DC adapter 5.6 volt
- System Requirements: CPU 1.6 GHz Minimum, 2.0 GHz Recommended, RAM 512MB Minimum, 1GB Recommended
- Zoom: Total 320x Zoom (4x ASR Zoom, 8x Interpolated Digital Zoom, 10x Mechanical Zoom)
- Scan Size: A3, A4, 11x17, Legal, Letter, or other smaller sizes
- Lighting: 4 Built-in Ultra Bright LEDs
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Microphone: Built-in with Noise Reduction
- Image Rotation: 360 Degrees
- Certifications: FCC, CE, RoH
- Focus: Autofocus, Autofocus Lock, Select Region Focus Minimum 1.96" Focal Distance
- Recording Format: AVI
- Storage: SD Card Slot/saves to PC
- Audio and Video Recording: Unlimited AVI files saved directly to hard drive
- Select Recording Area: Select region on any screen to record
- Annotation: Freehand, Text, Highlighter, Answer Mask, Shapes
- Drag-and-Drop Images: Patent Pending Fast-Action Drag-and-Drop of any
- or Video Files video or image files into MS Office or IWB software
- Interactive White Board Integration: Share live video on SmartBoard, Promethean, eBeam, Mimio and many others; Included through easy Drag-and-Drop; Twain Driver
- Image Rotation: 360 degrees
- Controls: Auto White Balance, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Freeze Frame
- Zoom and Scroll: Patent Pending 16X Software Enhanced Video Zoom
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, Mac OS X 10.5+
- MSI: Included for network installation
- Archive Manager: Full file management, importing and exporting of files; Stacking/Collating multiple files into PDF or TIFF
- OCR: Included with Text-to-Speech
- Picture-in-Picture: Display and/or record PIP from a second video camera
- Auto-Straightening: Included
- Auto-Cropping: Automatic trimming enables quick batch scanning
- Time Lapse / Motion Sensor: Take Snapshots at user specified time intervals or by
- HoverCam Connect with: user movement and save as PDF or TIFF
- Video Conference: Enables user to share a common virtual whiteboard; Annotation from multiple users over shared video feed; Highly interactive distance learning
- 3rd Party Collaborative Work Environment: Integration with Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting, through screen sharing; upload to EverNote